Friday, October 04, 2013

Cheaper the Case, the happier I am :-)

So a few months ago I picked up a Kindle Fire HD 7" (well before the new one was even rumored). So first (and really only), accessory I wanted was a decent case. I had some reward bucks for Staples so I picked up the Speck FitFolio Hard Case (http://www.staples.com/Speck-FitFolio-Hard-Case-Cover-For-Amazon-Kindle-Fire-HD-7/product_188495) on sale only costing me a few bucks, but it was a $30 case... it worked... I didn't like it almost from the start but really only because it didn't auto-sleep/wake the Kindle. Also the way the case was setup you couldn't charge the device while the case was closed.

Second I picked up from Amazon the Fintie Case (http://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Magnetic-Tri-Fold-Lightweight-Feature/dp/B009PFBS5W/), it also worked. This one had the auto-sleep/wake functionality, but its ability to prop the Kindle up didn't work well. It has a bunch of levels, but non are upright enough to make it functional for Skype-ing hands free. But on the positive side, I only paid $4 for it, while being a $40 case (list price at time). The case also felt a bit bulky, but I will say this my kindle felt extremely secure.

But this week I decided to order another case... also for $4 (list $60) .. the ThanksCase slim fit case (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C1AILVM/). Of the three cases I've this one by far looks the cleanest and most professional. Additional benefits... well... auto-sleep/wake (check), can charge with case closed (check), self standing (check) and on that topic the angles are great. Used it today to attend a Cisco Webex meeting and it was great. (Speaking of... I was pleasantly surprised how well the kindle worked with Webex).

Anyways... so ultimately this post should be titled: the larger the savings the happier I am... each of the three cases cost me no more than $6 out of pocket, but this last one at 93% off..... currently is my favorite. Then again this case is only cheap now because Amazon released the new Kindles :-(

No comments: